- The Promoter
The promoter of this competition is: AZ Creation and Promotion Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11438524 with its registered office at 71 – 75 Shelton Street, Greater London, WC2H 9JQ.
- These terms and conditions apply to the “Win the house of light” competition described on the Promoter’s website at www.winthehouseoflight.co.uk (the “Website”).
- The competition is a skill-based competition and an entry fee of £20.00 (inclusive of VAT) per entry is payable. Transaction fees and exchange rate fees may also be payable. These may vary depending on where you are based.
- To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the competition (an “Entrant”) will be required to answer a question set by the Promoter (the “Competition Question”).
- If more than one Entrant correctly answers the Competition Question, the winner will be chosen at random from all Entrants who correctly answer the Competition Question.
How to enter
- The competition will run from 20 September 2019 at 10.00 am and it will be completed on 18 January 2020 at 23.00 pm, including the "Opening Date" and "Closing Date" respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
The Promoter may change the Opening Date and/or Closing Date of a competition if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers it necessary to do so. For example:
a. the Closing Date may be extended by up to 6 months if the Promoter considers it necessary so that additional entries can be received and make it more likely that the First Prize will be awarded instead of an Alternative Cash Prize. For more information on prizes and cash prizes see condition 5 below; or
b. the Closing Date may be brought forward if the competition reaches the maximum number of entries earlier than expected.
a. 10 entries entitles you to 1 Bonus Entry;
b. 20 entries entitles you to 3 Bonus Entry;
c. 40 entries entitles you to 8 Bonus Entry;
d. 50 entries entitles you to 12 Bonus Entry;
a. Follow the link on the email you receive; then
b. Enter the competition via the link and resubmit your answer to the Competition Question; then
c. Complete the entry process but you will not have to pay an additional entry fee for your entry so long as you have sufficient Bonus Entries.
d. Bonus Entries can be activated individually or multiple Bonus Entries can be active in one go. With each Bonus Entry you activate, you have the opportunity to submit a new answer to the Competition Question. Therefore, if you get the answer to the Competition Question wrong, you can make further attempts until all of your Bonus Entries have been activated.
- The competition is only open to all residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, except:
a. employees of the Promoter;
b. employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
c. members of the immediate families or households of a. and b. above.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
a. automatically generated by computer; or
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
a. if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim a prize;
b. if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming a prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
c. if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason; or
d. if you get the answer to the Competition Question wrong.
- Entrants can enter the competition as many times as they wish until the maximum number of entries have been received.
- There are a total of 11 prizes for the competition. There is one First Prize, five Second Prizes and five Third Prizes which are described in detail on the Website. Details of the prizes are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
- The prizes are as follows:
a. The First Prize is “The House of Light” a 538 sq. m villa on a plot of land of approximately 2,000 sq. m in Rafina, Attica, Greece;
b. The Second Prizes is a 7-day cruise for two people on a 40 foot yacht around the Cycladic islands in the Aegean Sea;
c. The Third Prize is a cash prize of £10,000.
- All Entrants are responsible for making their own enquiries and carrying out their own due diligence relating to the First Prize, their eligibility to enter the competition, their rights and eligibility to take ownership of the First Prize and their eligibility to enter or live in Greece. All costs, fees or expenses incurred by the Entrant in making such enquiries or carrying out such due diligence shall be the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
- The winner of the First Prize will be required to enter into a legally binding contract with either the Promoter or Supplier in order to transfer the legal title of the prize to the winner. The terms of the contract are non-negotiable. If the winner refuses to sign or is unable to enter into any of the legal documents required to transfer ownership of the prize to the winner within a reasonable time, the winner will be disqualified from the competition and the prize will be forfeited. The Promoter will then be entitled to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Due to the nature of the First Prize, the date of transfer of ownership cannot be guaranteed but the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to complete the transfer of ownership as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Second Prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Second Prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Each winner of a Second Prize is responsible for ensuring that they and any person travelling with them are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the holiday in question on the travel dates specified. Dates, once notified, cannot be changed.
- Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the prizes change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the prizes, their value, their condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provide on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- The prizes may be supplied by a third-party supplier (the “Supplier”). Details of the Supplier (if any) will be provided on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the any or all of the prizes for an alternative cash prize (“Alternative Cash Prize”) in the following circumstances:
a. less than [93%] of the maximum number of entries are received;
b. any of the prizes become unavailable;
c. other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter make it necessary to do so.
- If less than [93%] of the maximum entries are received, 70% of the value of entries received, less VAT on such entry fees and the Promoter’s costs and expenses of organising, running and administering the competition will be available for distribution as prizes or Alternative Cash Prizes (the “Cash Prize Fund”).
- The Alternative Cash Prizes are as follows:
a. The First Prize shall be 60% of the Cash Prize Fund; and
b. Each of the Second and Third Prizes shall be 4% of the Cash Prize Fund.
- None of the prizes nor the cash prizes are negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner as soon as practicable after the Draw Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with their competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the prize within  of days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter will send the name and county of the winner(s) to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out in condition 1.
- All winners must claim their prize personally. Prizes may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf.
- If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to email@example.com. Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
- Any cash prize will be transferred directly to the winners nominated bank account. The winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within  days will result in disqualification from the competition and the winner forfeiting the prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the prize and transfer ownership of the prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.